Type F-AP8-2 is a Dual, Unpressurized, engineered O-ring Cartridge Seal (API 682 Categories 2 and 3, Type A, Arrangement 2). A standardized cartridge arrangement, certified as compliant to API 682 when supplied with qualified face material pairs and is supplied in two arrangements: wet seal for use with liquid buffer fluids. Inner wet seal plus containment seal for use with gaseous buffer fluids.
Design Features :
- API 682 qualification tested.
- Easy-to-install cartridge design with registered fit.
- Distributed flush optimizes circulation of liquid at faces and prevents trapped vapor.
- Dual seals equipped with pumping ring for optimized flow.
- Pressure : up to 1000 PSIG (gas buffer up to 500 PSIG)
- Temperature : -40 to 260°C (gas buffer -29°C to 205°C)
- Speed : 25 m/s or less (gas buffer up to 20 m/s)
- Size range : 1.000" to 4.500" (25mm to 120mm)
- Rotary face : Antimony Carbon, SiC, TC
- Stationary face : SiC, TC
- Spring : Alloy C-276, SS 316L
- O-ring : EPDM, FKM, Aflas, FFKM
Scopes of Application :
- Fully meets the needs of the oil and gas industry for hydrocarbon and other services as defined by API 682 for Type A seal duties. This includes: heavy and light hydrocarbons, lubricating liquids, aqueous solutions, chemicals, and some acids.
- Industrial applications involved in the processing of VOCs and similar hazardous products.
Changes of materials for getting otheroperating parameters are possible. Contact us with your requirements.